Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
The Day Auditor reports and audits daily revenue and provide departmental analysis by utilizing software and summaries provided on a nightly basis. Prepare daily revenue management reports on a timely basis. Assist controller with other duties as needed. Must be able to work independently and coordinate with audit staff. Reliability, accuracy, and attention to detail are necessary, as is the ability to quickly learn a hotel reservation system and other software systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential. Accounting or night audit staff/supervisory experience is required.
Status and Scope:
Reports to Accounting Manager
- Compile daily cash and sales data from all outlets utilizing Microsoft Excel and various point of sales software programs.
- Periodically audit night audit packages to ensure proper reporting.
- Critically review daily cash and sales transactions for hotel properties including lodging, food and beverage, retail, and tour operations.
- Prepare daily revenue management report (morning manager report) on a timely basis.
- Work with night audit staff to identify and resolve issues as needed. Provide feedback to night audit supervisor on accuracy of night audit worksheets.
- Provide information to managers regarding revenue and cash transactions at their outlets upon request.
- Coordinate with vault staff to monitor and follow up on cash over/shorts.
- Review NPS fees, porterage, utility surcharge, and other transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment.
Telephone, calculator, photocopier, computer
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
SEDENTARY - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders)
Physical Requirements: BENDING OCCASIONAL
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to read, write and clearly understand and speak English
- 21 years of age or older
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Entry level position, no prior experience required