Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Front Desk Lead Workers oversee the Lodge Front Desk operations; supporting and training the Front Desk Workers, and Hotel Operators. They ensure all preparations have been completed in advance for the day’s arrivals and tours, ensuring all Front Desk Staff are on task for delivering superior guest service. Front Desk Lead Workers are expected to serve as an example for the Front Desk Staff to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, delivering exemplary customer service and successfully resolving any guest situations that may arise. Furthermore, they must be able to maintain a professional and enthusiastic atmosphere even in the absence of management.
- Perform all Front Desk Worker duties
- Oversee the Lodge Front Desk, PBX, and Bell Service operations
- Work closely with Housekeeping, Boat Tours, Boat Rentals, Laundry and Maintenance as needed
- Train Front Desk Workers on all aspects of the role - helping to develop a team of customer service focused professionals
- Support the Front Desk Workers in the day to day operations of the Resort – ensuring all opening and closing tasks are completed
- Hold pre-shift meetings to ensure that the Front Desk team are aware of the day’s arrivals, departures, visiting VIPs, guest service of the day, Boat Tour schedules and any other miscellaneous information to ensure successful operations
- Ensure Front Desk Workers remain active during down time by preparing for upcoming arrivals, tours and completing other relevant projects
- Encourage and support Front Desk Workers in selling tours and activities including boat tours, power boat rentals and fishing trips to all guests
- Respond directly to all customer complaints and ensure they are resolved efficiently and immediately in a professional manner which does not negatively impact on the reputation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas
- Ensure accurate and correct billing
- Audit working banks to ensure accuracy and accountability
- Run all supporting Property Management System reports which assist in the efficient running of the resort including arrival and departure reports, along with other relevant reports
- Assist Front Desk Supervisor, Group Coordinator and other relevant parties with all Tour Groups – ensuring all pre-arrival preparations have been completed. Go above & beyond to ensure Tour Groups and all guests have an enjoyable stay
- Assign room and group blocks as require
- Front Desk Lead Workers should be highly knowledgeable about Lake Powell Resort and Marinas and the surrounding areas; acting as a concierge resource for all guests. This includes but is not limited to: retail, boat rentals, food & beverage opening hours and services, tours and activities and surrounding area amenities and activities such as other National Parks in The Grand Circle
- Must be flexible – willing to work a rotational schedule with rotational days off that may include weekends and holidays
- Must be well groomed and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- Must perform all miscellaneous duties assigned by upper management
- Share innovative ideas to improve efficiency and operations
- Other duties as assigned
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Front Desk Lead Worker reports to the Front Desk Supervisor & Front Desk Manager
- Front Desk Lead Worker must be able to support and oversee the Lodge Front Desk team to ensure the highest levels of guest service are adhered to; ensuring the resort operates as smoothly and efficiently as possible
- Front Desk Lead Worker should demonstrate strong time-management, communication (oral & written) and organization skills. They should be confident, courteous and positive and able to multi-task and thrive under pressure.
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Must be computer literate in MS Office programs, with previous knowledge of Property Management Systems
- Must have outstanding guest service skills
- Working knowledge & experience of hospitality field is preferred
- Willingness to gain a good understanding of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas and surrounding area, becoming fully knowledgeable on all activities and amenities offered
USE OF EQUIPMENT: Place an "X" next to each type of equipment typically used to perform the job.
X SMS Management System X Calculator X Hotel Switchboard
X Microsoft Office Software X Outlook/Email X Computer
X Photocopier/Fax/Scanner X Printer
X Internet X Multiline Telephone
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Place an "X" next to the statement that best describes your usual travel requirements on company business only (meetings, seminars, other ARAMARK locations).
X Little or no travel required (less than 10%)
10% to 20%
20% to 30%
More than 30%
LIFTING REQUIREMENTS: Place an "X" next to the statement that best describes your usual lifting activity.
X SEDENTARY Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders)