Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Position Summary: The Contracts Manager procures and coordinates the oversight and direction of third-party sub-contracts for essential services: grounds-keeping, snow/ice removal, paint-booth cleaning, air monitoring and filtration, fume hoods, wind tunnels and various contracts for servicing building systems and equipment. The CM actively manages large sub contractors’ day-to-day operations, field verifies sub contractors’ work and collaborates closely with the Work Control Center, Facility Managers and Schedulers ensuring that all work is properly scheduled and supports daily operations.
The CM, with the Sr. Operations Manager, Facility Managers, and Finance Manager documents work requirements, scope, standards and specifications. Following ARAMARK procurement processes, the CM identifies and prequalifies candidates who meet GM-WTC standards, solicits and evaluates bids and proposals, negotiates terms and recommends contract awards to the SOM and Facility Director. The procurement process confirms vendors’ commitment to value-added services, and continuous improvement using Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
Over the life of contracts, the CM monitors contract reporting and compliance, quality performance and customer satisfaction. The CM enforces contract terms, negotiates scope adjustments, initiates penalties, probationary actions or termination. The CM communicates with GM-WTC FAM and LFMRs to anticipate developments in the client’s policies, standards or requirements and ensure contractor compliance with lines of communication on technical, professional and commercial issues.
- Know and uphold Aramark’s policies, procedures and Service Agreement with GM-WTC to allow customers and tenants to focus on their core business. Take ownership of campus wide facilities, infrastructure and grounds, and drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance facility performance, operating effectiveness and cost efficiency.
- Compile, verify and maintain baseline data on service contract requirements, including asset tables, building and site information, work requirements, scopes, standards and specifications. Working closely with the Finance Manager, jointly develop catalogue of procurement documents (prequalification, bid, proposal, contracts, etc.) for all services. Maintain roster of prospective vendors, especially GM partners, MBE, WBE, Veteran and other criteria consistent with GM and Aramark procurement standards and policies.
- Working closely with the Finance Manager, ensure compliance with procurement process and schedule with the Facility Director and SOM, and establish lines of communication and reporting to GM-WTC FAM. Conduct procurement in accordance with Aramark processes, with particular concern for:
- Verification of finalist’s business and financial data, reference checks, labor relations policies.
- Pre-award review of safety plan, work plan, staffing, training, mobilization plan, contingency resources.
- Concurrence of GM-WTC FAM with selection, special concerns and conditions.
- Orientation of Facility Supervisors, training, site safety and security protocols, details of reporting line, site access, security and use of material, equipment and tools.
- Review reporting and operation audits and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, productivity (call frequencies, call-backs), process improvements, energy savings, cost reductions and similar “best practice” initiatives.
- Attend meetings on request, and support remedial or disciplinary actions toward contractors, up to and including termination. Where possible, align ARAMARK’s market presence to either abet contractors’ genuine improvement initiatives, or replace them with proven performers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Facility Management or related curriculum or equivalent experience. Certification by recognized professional bodies preferred (IFMA, BOMA, SRMP, AFE etc.) Coursework indicating advanced professional development.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant technical experience as Facility Manager, Contracts Manager Maintenance Supervisor, Planner/Scheduler or assistant in large facilities organization.
- Knowledge of integrated facility systems, operations and maintenance in engineering/research or manufacturing environment, with significant responsibility for procurement, contracts and contract administration. Familiarity with WMIS/CMMS in large scale, technical operations.
- Administrative experience related to operations management, including budgeting, staff supervision, safety, work planning,scheduling and logistics.