Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
Position Summary: The cash clerk is here to provide guests and employees with change and working banks to take care of all the currency needs for the working day
- The cash clerk is responsible for handing out employee working banks throughout the day.
- They also make change from the vault and they make sure that the daily sales from each department are going into the safe so that they can be safely taken to the accounting department.
- The cash clerk also helps guests get change for travelers checks and big bills they may have.
- Some of the other duties that the cash clerk may have to do are:
- Hand out safety deposit boxes to guests – 5%
- Help answer the PBX phone when needed – 40%
Status and Scope:
The cash clerk reports directly to the Overhead Controller in Accounting. The cash clerk must be able to work with adding machines and be able to count and work with large quantities of money with no room for error.
- The cash clerk must be very proficient in counting money and keeping tabs on different banks.
- Security is a big concern in dealing with these large quantities of money.
- The cash clerk should be able to use calculators and adding machines as well as follow company policy to ensure the safe keeping of the company’s money.
Adding Machine, Photocopier, Calculator, Printer, Telephone, Computer
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
SEDENTARY - Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders)