Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Develops, modifies and administers application programs from detailed specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains programs.
- Follow established development life cycle to develop, test, and modify system software, utilities, and other application software
- Evaluate system application needs based on user requests
- Communicate with the requestor, as necessary, to clarify user requests
- Recommend system solutions.
- Coding, reviewing, preparing test data, testing, and debugging
- Produce program and system documentation for systems created within the department.
- Utilize proven design and project management methodologies
- Acquire/enhance technology expertise by remaining current with evolving systems programming, analysis, and database technology.
- Make recommendations about the business and operating environment of the company.
- Develop, foster, and maintain an open, professional relationship between IT and other departments to enhance client satisfaction.
- Secure relevant information, integrating data from different sources and identifying possible causes of problems.
- Develop alternative courses of action and making decisions based on logical assumptions that reflect factual information.
- Generate and/or recognizing creative solutions and innovations in work related situations to mitigate risks to project success.
- Encourage and facilitate the transfer of information, experience, and technology both within and across project and departmental boundaries.
- Assist in troubleshooting and/or building upgraded/integrated solutions between departmental systems.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem-solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem-solving without taking over.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of PICK/Universe programming and 4GL Tools.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and other PC applications.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in a programming and development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business requirements, system documentation, and technical procedures.
- Experience in revising and updating programs/systems
- Experience with producing program and system documentation for systems created.
- Working well with others and in a team environment
- Experience with developing client/server applications
- Experience using SDLC methodologies and source code control applications
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Familiarity with the Following is a Plus:
- Familiarity with system administration of Universe
- Understanding of retail business and related IT, ERP, and ecommerce systems and subsystems.
- Designed systems, modules, and/or approaches, and required enhancements.
- Developed process diagrams and logic flowcharts.
- Knowledge of Web Services
- Familiarity with U2 Windows client tools or UniObjects
- Knowledge of SQL
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ARAMARK is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with ARAMARK without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Aramark does not sponsor candidates in the U.S.