About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Rate is Job Summary: The Catering Sales Coordinator is responsible for supervision and support in planning catering events of varying sizes and levels in both central and satellite locations. Ensures that all catering brand standards and initiatives are consistently achieved.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Booking of events, selecting and costing menu items, and pricing as needed.
- Coordinates activities with other internal departments. Participates in management team meetings. Interfaces with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Facilitate external customer relations; represents Aramark and the client at any and all meetings and events.
- Ensures that appropriate sanitation, organization, and safety standards are met through the use of checklists, hands-on supervision, and follow-up.
- Participates in all catering training programs; helps to develop and implement training programs for hourly, part-time, and student employees.
- Aid in implementation and adherence to all Aramark OpX Catering initiatives and guidelines
- Maintain files at the location
- Print menu signs and post updated menus on the campus dining website
- Monitor submission of inventory counts and payroll hours by specified weekly deadlines
- Prepare communication materials for the hourly staff including, but not limited to: bulletin boards, schedules, memos, etc.
- Maintain a professional image
- Ability to remain stationary for a period of time
- Repetitive motion is required; involving typing, filing and use of hands and wrists.
Additional Job Functions:
- Complete special projects as needed
- Complete any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years work experience in food service
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
Work Environment: Unit offices, back-of-house, and other locations on campus.