Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY:
Operations Support Manager – Business Dining will be responsible to:
- Facilitate the development, training and execution of operating standards.
- Support regional & key account operational execution and performance with the Vice President(s) of Operations and District Managers, that leads to sales growth, market penetration, customer retention, quality image and improved margins and market share.
- Emphasis on operating standards and execution that results in margin improvement that achieves client outcomes and grows base business.
- Act as primary liaison with Regional Leadership for all productivity, operational and OpX initiatives
The ideal candidate for Operations Support Manager – Business Dining will:
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for leadership, communication skills (both oral and written), personnel development and training
- Have strong track record of managing, utilizing and training the programs, systems and operational procedures.
- Be willing to travel up to 50 – 75% of the time
- Exhibit an aptitude and track record of being able to “influence others without formal authority”
- Project a high level of maturity and leadership skills
- Manage projects to meet objective, budget and timeline goals
- Have experience partnering with regional level Operations directors and executives
POSITION STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Reports to the Director of Operational Excellence, Business Dining
- Interprets high level business strategy and adapts to micro or unit specific operating strategies and tactics.
- Works primarily with District Managers, Vice President of Operations, Front Line Managers, Human Resources, Finance and their staff as well as ARAMARK's clients.
- BS or equivalent experience
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral, leadership and communication skills
- Project management experience
- People development experience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work in a dynamic fluid environment and effectively cope with change