Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.Description:
The Environmental Coordinator will assist the Environmental Programs Manager (RISK MANAGER) in the management of all aspects of its Environmental Management System (EMS), adhering to the ISO 14001:2004 Standard and assisting in the re-certification process. Position is seasonal.
- Coordinate and document activities in waste prevention and reduction, recycling, energy conservation and air quality to adapt to standards in Green Star Program for achieving Green Star Award, as well as compliance with the EMS and ISO 14001:2004.
- Research and update of company, federal and state environmental regulations and policies related to the work and assist RISK MANAGER in applying them as needed.
- Conducts weekly inspections of recycling areas and follow up of corrective action items documenting strengths and weaknesses as appropriate and reports results to the Risk Manager and DM.
- Assists the Risk Manager with training programs and EMS and ISO 14001:2004 documentation as needed.
- Participate in internal ISO 14001:2004 audits Assists the RISK MANAGER with coordination, implementation, and documentation of environmental and greening programs within different departments.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or can be accessed at dpr.web.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Dept. Managers during EMS training.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by dept. managers for each dept. during EMS training.
- Employee will have no less than 1 performance review per season to include an evaluation of performance standards as they relate to work instructions addressing their department’s environmental aspects. Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- Reports to Environmental Programs Manager/Risk Manager.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks as assigned to reach a common goal.
- Ability to work with employees and managers to encourage, enhance, and facilitate recycling and greening efforts.
- Must be able to analyze, evaluate and make program recommendations for continuous improvement of environmentally related issues and programs.
- Be experienced in computer research and using telephone for contacts.
- Must have working knowledge of company environmental programs and greening initiatives.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be computer literate and proficient
- Excellent communication skills required
- College course work in environmental studies recommended.
- This position may require you to drive a company vehicle to complete special projects. If so you are required to:
- Have a valid US Driver's License
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Pass a driving (MVR) check
Computer, Photocopier, Printer, Telephone
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds