Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary - Management position, responsible for developing and executing custodial solutions to meet customer needs. Responsible for servicing and/or maintaining a physical location or site to client specifications.
Core Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Leadership - Leverage Aramark's coaching model to engage and develop team members to their fullest potential. Reward and recognize employees. Ensure individual and all team performance meets objectives and client expectations. Plan and lead daily team briefings. Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations.
- Client Relationship - Maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationship. Identify client needs and communicate operational progress. Demonstrate excellent customer service using Aramark's standard model. Partner with client to understand specifications and demands of custodial program.
- Financial Performance - Ensure the completion and maintenance of P&L statements. Deliver client and company financial targets. Adopt all Aramark processes and systems, understand performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends. Educate teams on key levers to improve margins.
- Productivity - Create value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management. Comply with the Aramark fundamentals by meeting and maintaining facilities and labor initiatives. Ensure entire team is trained and able to execute. Supervise team regarding quality and control.
- Compliance - Maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers and employees. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour.
- Bachelor's Degree required. (Must graduate between December 2016 – August 2018 to be eligible for the FY18 A2L Program)
There are two start dates for the 2018 Program: February 19, 2018 and July 16, 2018. All degree requirements must be completed prior to the start date of the program (including any final internship requirements).
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Cost control, budget responsibilities or inventory management experience desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Ability / openness to relocation according to program / business need
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future