Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Position Summary: The Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting and seating guests. The Host/Hostess should provide general customer service within the dining establishment as well as escalate and/or resolve any issues as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Greets guests as they arrive seat them accordingly ensuring the optimum use of tables
- Ensures any special needs or requests for diners are accommodated and arranged
- Maintains the appearance and cleanliness of the front-of-house environment
- Escalates any customer needs or concerns as necessary
- Works closely with the kitchen staff and servers optimizing communication to ensure efficient operations
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous host/hostess or food service experience preferred
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Must be able to obtain food safety certification
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs