Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Primary responsibility of the Catering Operations Manager is to oversee all onsite catering operations for Aramark- Field to Table at the Field Museum. Additionally provide the highest quality of service through Field to Table operations for our clients at all times. Minimum qualifications include; A hands- on approach to catering operations, familiarity with managing Temp Staff, Equipment Pull Sheets, Ability to create customized service plans for logistically complex events, ordering Rental Equipment, Buffet Diagrams, Able to design creative buffet displays and experience closing events in a unique venue.
The Catering Ops Manager will provide suggestions for increased profitability, and productivity. As a manager you are expected to give direction, solve problems, meet deadlines and make decisions to ensure satisfaction in all areas of Operations for Field to Table Catering.
Internal Event Operations;
- Mange Daily Internal Catering execution with Catering Supervisor for all drop off deliveries each day
- Monitor quality and timeliness
- Attend MEO meetings weekly on Wednesday
- Assist as needed on larger internal events such as Pull Sheets, Buffet diagrams and Timelines as needed
- Manage Internal Catering Staff on guest satisfaction/ following directions and completing assignments in a timely manner. Take corrective action as needed.
- Ordering of all compostables, bar condiments and mixers as needed for all events
- Assist F&B Director in set up and execution of all FM Tailgates
External Event Operations;
- Hands on management to direct set-up and execution of all Field to Table events at FM in accordance with the F2T standards.
- Maintain organized files of all operational content related to external events (staffing, rentals, pre/post event P&L, and all invoices) This should all be attached to BEO and kept in a organized fashion in a file folder.
- Responsible for close-out of all external event including final walk through with Aramark Housekeeping at the end of each event securing all equipment and supplies. Check out of all staff.
- Complete Temp Labor Recap Monthly
- Direct flow and timing of service of event staff and kitchen.
- Ordering all rented event equipment for all events.
- Create customized service plans for all events
- Completing Pull Sheets, Buffet Diagrams, Detailed Timelines.
- Ordering of all rented staff
- Assure proper service techniques and maintain service standards through Catering service training manual.
- Maintain Catering equipment areas so they are kept clean and organized at all time.
- Maintain catering equipment including ordering, maintenance, cleanliness and inventories
- Work with Culinary team on event operations plan, buffet display, equipment etc.
- Maintain master BEO binder by date
- Coordinate in-house staffing with Restaurant Managers
- Hold current certifications in Serv Safe, State of Illinois and City of Chicago Food Service and Sanitation and BASSET
- Conduct Quarterly Training for H1 and Internal team to ensure our service standards remain high.