Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Position Summary: The District Manager would be responsible for Healthcare Technologies account locations within the assigned region. Responsible for the overall planning, direction and control of assigned components within a region –defined as a district. Responsible for and accountable to all contracts within district. Facilitates the development of strategic operations plans aligned with the client’s mission, vision and objectives. Ensures fiscal and managerial compliance is executed at all times anddevelops a talented and engaged workforce.
Scope of Role
Districts vary in size but generally range from between 4 to 13 individual component contracts.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Work closely with RVP to provide overall planning, direction and control to assigned units within district, to achieve operating and financial goals.
- Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to Technology Managers and other district staff.
- Responsible for assisting team members in their career growth, establishing an effective succession planning process and all recruitment required for District.
- Interact with client management in each location within the District and establish/maintain effective performance based client and customer relations.
- Responsible for the accuracy and predictability of each unit’s financial performance through the utilization of the forecastingprocess. Responsible for communication of deviations and action plans to regional and divisional leadership.
- Identify opportunities to implement new and innovative products and services which support business development and client retention.
- Provide effective and timely management over the contract administration process including amendments and contract extensions.
- Promote vertical sales growth via active collaboration amongst the regional team and appropriate subject matter experts.
- Support DBD to promote new sales growth and assist with development of new business financial and operating plans.
- Participate in professional and civic activities in support of ARAMARK community relations.
- Build effective partnerships with Regional leadership and their staffs.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 7+ years of clinical engineer service and experience with multi-site locations is required.
- Must have healthcare experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead multiple teams in a diverse environment and successfully provide alignment and innovation to generate measureable outcomes for multiple client and customer locations.
- Must have highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills.