Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The MCS Ingredient Control & Supply Chain Manager in the Atlanta Public Schools Nutrition Department is responsible for item and ingredient control in the district’s Food Production and Point of Sale system. They are the department’s primary liaison with major vendors, and are responsible for sourcing and ensuring the timely delivery of Aramark’s approved products for utilization in the operation’s food service program. In addition, they play a key role in system maintenance and field compliance with system reporting functions and usage.
- Review food and supply orders from field operators for accuracy and compliance with procurement standards.
- Release approved and correct food and supply orders to approved vendors using appropriate file formats.
- Monitor and approve or reject vendor proposed substitutions for out of stock items.
- Monitor deliveries and serve as field ombudsman to handle late deliveries, product shortages, damaged product, or products not meeting company standards for quality and shelf life.
- Identify and source company-approved ingredients needed to introduce new recipes and products into the district’s menu.
- Enter, update, and maintain price contracts within the food production system.
- Monitor inventory levels at field sites and assist in moving, transferring, clearing, reducing excess inventory.
- Conduct invoice audits to ensure proper receiving protocols are being followed and to identify pricing or delivered quantity errors.
- Serve as the department’s primary vendor liaison on all supply chain related issues.
- Assist in training of field personnel on production planning, ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, and serving approved products.
- Assist in pulling, interpreting, distributing, and appropriately modifying reports generated by the system relative to food and supply ordering and production.
- Contribute to overall system maintenance.
- Provide general field support as required by operational needs.
- Assist the department’s management team in completing administrative tasks that drive positive business results.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience working with the MCS Newton and Edison system.
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 2-4 years’ experience in cafeteria supervision/management
- Experience in K-12, NSLP related operations a major plus
- Excellent communication, time management, multi-tasking, and people skills are a must.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran