Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within ARAMARK Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well-managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve.
- Report to the sales director and support the catering functions with building operations, culinary department and catering department along with the sales team.
- Complete sales contract and receive payments from client. Ensure 100% pre-payment prior to the event and timely collection of any remaining balance that may occur.
- Partner with the executive chef to develop new and exciting events and experiences for our guests, including tastings and menu proposals.
- Coordinate with operations prior to event to ensure that sales, event planning, culinary, and event staff are aligned on expectations
- Assist director of sales in developing a marketing plan
- Solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, referrals, tradeshows, sales missions, internet prospecting, etc). Prompt and competent follow-up on leads.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts. Responsible for building relationship strategy and driving customer loyalty by delivering superior service throughout each customer experience. Able to successfully close profitable business and achieve revenue targets.
- Conduct property site inspections with potential customers. This involves walking client throughout property and grounds while performing an oral presentation of facilities and amenities.
- Identifies and anticipates market trends and volatility. Recommends alternative options & solutions to improve sales.
- Lead, develop, train and coach respective team members within the catering sales department.
- Develop and implement creative sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market/account trends.
- Directs the implementation and follow through of all sales standards and initiatives according to Aramark guidelines and Standards of Operation.
- Increases account revenue and/or operating profit contribution by creating other opportunities for growth. Up sells and makes creative suggestions to clients.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files consistent with sales and catering system. Prepare and maintain sales related reports.
- Forecast sales revenue using PATs.
- Direct and manage all group and catering sales activities and resources to maximize revenue for the property, and work directly with large groups.
- Regularly visit and shop the competition to stay abreast of their rate strategies, clientele and any changes in facilities, services and market position
- BS in Marketing or Business highly desirable or a combination of experience and education
- 5-8 years of proven sales experience in premium or catering sales, established network in metropolitan area.
- Effective in interacting with a variety of levels and types of internal and external guests
- Planning, organizing and effective time management skills
- Experience with computer applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Cater mate, Other experience with sales based CRM applications
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals & objectives
- General financial acumen
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran