Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Accounts Receivable Accountant will support Aramark’s Global Business Services by performing a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions including adjustments, variance analysis and journal entries creations, all supported with requisite documentation. The AR Accountant will execute and distribute standard AR reporting packages and update as needed.
- Performs accounts receivable accounting tasks including; adjustments, memos, month end journal entries and variance analysis.
- Complete accounting and reporting activities in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and prescribed accounting policies and/or the financial procedures of the organization.
- Ensure month-end close and financial reporting deadlines are met
- Act as a liaison with the general ledger and corporate accounting teams to ensure regular timely and accurate closes
- Preparation of standard reporting templates and packages are completed accurately and timely
- Ensure key and monitoring controls are maintained in support of SOX 404 Reporting on Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR)
- Provide documentation and support to internal and external auditors. Participate in testing for SOX processes to ensure that accounting controls are operating effectively.
- Maintain service level agreements and key performance indicators for the accounts receivable accounting function
- Help foster an environment of continuous improvement in the accounts receivable function
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities enumerated above
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- General Accounts Receivable experience
- Strong technical and analytical accounting skills
- Proven problem-solving and dispute resolution ability
- High level of organizational skills and time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with internal and external customers
- Ability to deal with customers in a friendly, courteous, timely and thorough manner
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 2013 (strong focus in Excel, Access & Outlook)
- Proficient in use of Oracle r12 eBusiness Suite (required)
- Proficient in use of Discoverer (creating and editing queries) preferred (not required)
- Proficient in use of Monarch/Datawatch preferred (not required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred or in-process (not required)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred or in-process (not required)
- 2+ year Finance or Accounting experience