Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Director, Data Applications & Platforms is responsible for the full systems life cycle management of “Data“ that supports Aramak’s central data and analytics organization. The focus of this role is on collaborating with senior leadership from all line of businesses and functions to develop, implement and optimize business processes to enable data solutions, drive business intelligence and analytics.. This role also ensures that long-term solution delivery methodologies are followed and that these methodologies deliver quality, reliability, stability and completeness of all data-related programs while also meeting financial objectives and the needs of the business. This position requires exceptional database development, data profiling, data cleansing and problem-solving abilities and will report directly to the AVP of data foundation within Aramark’s Data and Analytics Center of Excellence.
- Experience with software design process considerations throughout stages including requirements, architecture, design, development, quality assurance, deployment, and maintenance
- Experience leading architecture transformation from traditional to next-gen data-analytic technology solutions
- Familiarity with big data concepts, Hadoop ecosystem components, and complimentary technologies.
- Experience with scripting in languages such as R, Python, Perl; or software development in Java.
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies and concepts, Real-time analytics, Streaming data platform and machine learning tools
- Experience of Informatica power center, dataiku, and Altryx for profile large set of data, cleansing and finally storing the cleaned data for advance analytics and reporting.
- Manage strategic projects and initiatives as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field degree is preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in building and implementation of data applications.
- Experience in building and maintaining data transformations (ETL) using SQL or scripting/programming languages such as R or Python.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and performance tune SQL
- Hands-on with database performance, security and integrity
- Experience in database design, development and data modeling
- Ability to identify problems, and effectively communicate solutions to peers and management
- Strong project planning and management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives