Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Dispatcher is responsible for responding to inbound calls and requests for service needs by allocating the proper resources to facilitate the transport of goods and services. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Performs and coordinates a variety of duties related to dispatch and scheduling
- Responsible for receiving calls for service; prioritizes and coordinates the service requests
- Works closely with management and the dispatch team to communicate needs and ensure timely guest service
- Manages and maintains of all records and documentation of service requests; utilizes software to log activity
- Provides customer service and maintains a friendly and effective attitude toward customers, guests, clients, and co-workers
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience in transportation dispatch or related field preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of software applications
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attentional to detail
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- This position is 2nd shift; rotating weekends and holidays