Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
AUS represents $1.5 billion of ARAMARK’s $13 billion in revenues.
ARAMARK Uniform Services 'fits the way you work' - headquartered in Burbank, California, the company with over $1.3 billion in revenues and 13,000 employees is the leading supplier of uniforms and career apparel. More than two million people at more than 250,000 businesses in the United States rely on AUS customer focused service. In addition to providing rental, purchase and lease programs, AUS also offers image enhancement programs that effortlessly deliver image and safety solutions to fit any size of budget for any size of business.
The FSS Facility Manger will report to the Vice President of Financial Shared Services and is responsible for managing tactical and strategic activities related to the daily administration and maintenance of the Lexington Shared Services, a 50,000+ square foot facility and over 400 employees. Manages and executes the administrative needs of the building (utilities, HVAC, control systems, building repairs and expansions, security, pest control, janitorial activities, supplies, safety policy, fire codes, etc.). Ensures a strong internal control and structure is maintained and provides roadmap for strategic initiatives and capital expenditures.
- Manage overall administrative and operational activities for the facility including office services, space planning, building improvements and construction, document processing, mailroom activity and returned mail processing.
- Recommend and manage space planning activities. Oversee all construction or space modifications, including planning and implementation.
- Manage outside vendors and consultants on design and build out of facility.
- Negotiate and manage contracted vendor services, including office equipment and maintenance, ensuring cost efficiencies and performance standards which support company directives.
- Negotiate the purchase of office supplies, furnishings, and equipment in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for facility budget including forecasting, providing input on monthly projections of facility expenses, scheduling, and other plans as needed.
- Manage the facility emergency preparedness programs and provide ongoing guidance to the safety steering committee.
- Responsible for understanding industry standards and best practices, keeping current with industry trends.
- Monitor closely all building areas through a systematic method of daily, weekly and monthly facility checklists, visual inspections and effective scheduling of janitorial and maintenance staff.
- Collaborate with VP and organizational leadership to influence change and ensure the facility strategy supports corporate business initiatives.
- Supervise building trade and other contractors performing maintenance, rearrangements, and construction work.
- Available to respond in the event of after-hours building, systems, or equipment emergencies.
- Ensure the safety and proper functioning of all equipment, furnishings, and building and grounds’ conditions.
- Establish and monitor a preventative maintenance program including inspecting, analyzing and evaluating the HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire alarms, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Displays sound business acumen and integrated thinking
- High level of organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with internal and external customers
- Ability to deal with customers in a friendly, courteous, timely and thorough manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is needed, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- The ability to prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team
- 10+ years’ experience in Facilities/Building Management
- 6+ years in Management
- Working knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and other facilities-related requirements is necessary
- Demonstrated knowledge of building construction, remodeling, and maintenance (plumbing, heating, air conditioning and ventilation, electrical, etc.) is needed
- Successful track record leading large complex projects, driving results and change management as well as delivering quantifiable benefits
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
ARAMARK is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer. Candidates are considered for employment with ARAMARK without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.