Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Payroll System Administrator Level II position supports the Payroll System Administrator - Manager in managing overall workflow in and out of the system, control/security, analysis, configuration and reporting related to the end-to-end processing of Payroll for the Payroll Services team. This position supports analysis for projects and troubleshooting issues encountered in processing payroll and must understand the interfaces with ORACLE HR, Payroll Tax, Benefit providers and our UltiPro Payroll system. Must leverage all appropriate systems, and non-systems controls to ensure compliance with Aramark’s Payroll Sarbanes-Oxley policies (SOX). Project manages key change initiatives and mentors the level 1 positon on the team.
- Manage the Ultimate Payroll Configuration and support the Level 1 Admin in guiding them on appropriate configuration to support the business and statutory requirements.
- Provide tier 3 technical support for software issues that users encounter
- Manage the daily interface with Payroll Operations in support of the UltiPro SaaS operating system to facilitate technical solutions to meet the business processing needs.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns/requests
- Schedule and monitor critical payroll job execution, delivery and posting
- Integral in system upgrade testing
- Provide expertise to BI report writers as required to deliver correct data to the business
- Liaison with Ultimate Software to resolve escalated system issues
- Develop and maintain complex queries to support analysis or payroll operations
- 2+ years’ experience in system administration, preferably on a SaaS payroll system (e.g., UltiPro or Workday)
- BA/BS degree in an IT, Finance or related field required.
- Ability to write and apply SQL queries/updates and Cognos proficiency.
- Strong knowledge in the use of MICRSOFT suite (e.g. Access, Excel (pivot tables), PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with managing HR, Payroll & Benefit related interfaces
- Excellent aptitude and adoption of technology tools to facilitate efficiency
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships
- Must be able to work under tight timelines and have excellent organization and time management skills for managing multiple, diverse, and conflicting activities
- Strong communication, analytical skills and a customer service orientation
- Ability to create a variety of documentation and communications
- Ability to respond to requests after hours on a limited basis
- Ability to manage change and work effectively in a matrixed and fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of U.S., and Canadian payroll processing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Team player and “plays to win”
- Contagious Enthusiasm
- Positive approach to problem solving and customer service (internal or external)