Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: Stationary Equipment Technicians are responsible for the operation, repair, maintenance, and installation of various machines and equipment. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Properly inspects, maintains, and changes cylinders on various gases located in cylinder room
- Repairs all types of valves, traps, separators, strainers and all other plumbing devices including fixtures
- Performs cutting and threading of pipes, sweating of copper tubing, and other types of plumbing connections (flared, compression, PVC, Vic, etc.)
- Performs general carpentry and construction duties as assigned. Makes repairs to furniture, doors, cabinets, windows, screens, etc.
- Responsible for performing minor electrical work
- Maintains the dishwasher, steam kettles, and various gas appliances
- Adheres to all Aramark appearance standards and maintains a professional dress at all times while working
- Maintains critical inventory needed to keep operations running; maintains and accounts for tools used
- Completes preventative maintenance as scheduled and records the same
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is anticipative of/responsive to customer needs
- Maintains knowledge of all equipment and related skills
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience as a Stationary Equipment Technician or in a related role required
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of equipment up to 50 lbs.