Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Uphold Aramark’s policies, procedures and Service Agreement with GM to allow customers and tenants to focus on their core business. Take ownership of facilities, infrastructure and grounds, and drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance facility performance, operating effectiveness and cost efficiency.
- Conduct safety training classes for annual, quarterly, and monthly site requirements and as needed classes to support daily operations.
- Research site-wide safety incident history for facility operations staff and contractors, and facility-related incidents and injuries to the site’s general population. Engage Facility Director, GM FAM, safety management, UAW and others to develop local level goals and objectives into an annual plan to eliminate hazards, reduce risks, and improve safety compliance and consciousness.
- Develop timelines and guide cross functional teams to manage and implement the Aramark Safety Programs. Communicate status of goals, plans and programs to all levels of the local organization.
- Participate in setting standards for engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) and administer training and enforce compliance for all employees.
- Engage with Managers and Supervisors to conduct daily safety talks, observe and correct non-compliances (especially with PPE), eliminate hazards to passers-by, prioritize work area safety and clean-up.
- Prioritize hazardous operations and engage with Managers, Supervisors, Work Zone Schedulers, Capacity Assurance Coordinators and others to review pre-task safety plans (in Maximo) and work area compliance.
- Review contractors’ safety histories (EMR), plans, training and records, inspect/tour for compliance, verify insurance coverage and timely renewals. Where necessary, align Aramark’s safety resources to either abet contractors’ genuine improvement initiatives, or replace them with proven performers.
- Attend safety meetings on request, and support remedial action plans or progressive discipline for safety violations, up to and including termination.
- Compile daily, weekly, monthly and YTD safety reports. Track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety incidents (near-miss, recordable, lost-time), evaluate trends, conditions and opportunities and initiate process improvements by staff and contractor
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred in related field or Safety & Environmental
- Experience in hospitality or facilities services and/or corporate experience strongly preferred
- Proven leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and build relationships, and ability to lead without formal authority are required.
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter, and ability to take calculated initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail, demonstrated time management skills, ability to handle multiple priorities, and project management experience are a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including public speaking) required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint