About Aramark Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark's K-12 division provides a complete range of food, facility, uniform and other support services to more than 500 K-12 school districts in the U.S. It offers public and private education institutions a family of dining and facility services including: on-site and off-site breakfast and lunch meal programs, after-school snacks, catering, nutrition education, retail design and operations, maintenance, custodial, grounds, energy management, construction management, and building commissioning.
As the Regional Finance Director, responsibilities include:
- Management and professional development of the finance and accounting staff
- Administration of policies and programs, while working with the District Mangers to achieve the Region's financial and operating objectives
- Oversees the budget, projection and closing processes and fosters creative solutions and collaboration with the regional field organization and headquarter support teams to achieve financial objectives.
- Validation of financial data, as compiled by the operational teams for renewal, rebid and new business efforts.
- Identification and ongoing monitoring of under-performing accounts, including leading improvement team to turnaround performance at such accounts
- Assists the Regional Vice President and headquarters staff in administering compliance with Aramark's Business Conduct Policy and related directives (e.g., internal controls at field locations, contract compliance and completion of audits)
- Conducts ongoing training sessions for staff regarding new accounting procedures and other relevant financial programs and initiatives
- Assists in the opening of new accounts to ensure sound systems and procedures are in place
- Manages the control of regional assets, including the capital expenditure process, change funds, inventory and equipment
- Monitors working capital requirements, with a particular focus on the administration of accounts receivable and their collection
- Engages with other Regional Finance Drectors to identify and promote sharing of best practices
Position is responsible for ensuring data integrity, best practices and ongoing compliance with internal and external controls. Work situations vary and require development, analysis, interpretation and implementation of policies, practices and procedures. Position works closely with managers across all functions to strengthen internal controls, optimize company growth and profitability.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, along with a minimum of 6-8 years finance and/or accounting experience.
- Master's degree and/or CPA are prefered, but not required.
- Proficiency in using a personal computer and prior experience with sophisticated financial computer applications, including Oracle is preferred.
- It will be essential that the Regional Finance Director have strong analytical and communication skills, as well as experience leading/championing projects.
- Some travel may be required