Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance Engineering will direct, strategize and organize utility, plant, engineering, and environmental initiatives and services for 34 buildings totaling in excess of 4.5 million gross square feet at a large research hospital. In that role, the candidate will lead a team of approximately 30 staff; have responsibility for campus-wide environmental permitting; 24x7 operations of the central utility plant and campus utilities; and manage large scale maintenance and capital construction projects throughout the campus. The Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance Engineering reports directly to the Senior Plant Operations and Maintenance Manager.
- Develops a team environment for the different units of the plant operations and maintenance department with a focus on customer-service and customer-responsiveness. Oversees the enhancement of the department’s core functions (i.e., plant operations, responsiveness, environmental programs and regulatory compliance).
- Directs subordinate staff on providing in-house plant operations, and utility and environmental services in all facets of the Facilities and Campus Development Department’s planning, design, construction, operations, and maintenance. Establishes and oversees the Department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and business practices to ensure achievement of the departmental goals for enhanced customer service, enhanced service levels, and higher operating efficiencies for all core competencies of the Department. Oversees the continual improvement of processes and SOPs.
- Oversees preparation, monitoring, and benchmarking of annual utilities’ budgets for the research campus, in cooperation with other division finance managers and departments throughout the institution.
- Directs the management of hospital compliance with Joint Commission, energy, environmental, building, health, safety, and fire codes/regulations established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Memphis, or State of Tennessee. Initiates required corrective actions, as necessary.
- Provides guidance and identifies efficient strategies for the Department regarding the execution of their duties related to utilities, plant operations, energy and environmental regulation compliance. Ensures close coordination and collaboration with Facilities Maintenance on routine maintenance, preventative and predictive maintenance, and emergency response SOPs. Creates and manages employee development plans that foster professional growth.
- Recommends plans, programs, projects and budgeting as new energy conservation and environmental improvement opportunities are identified.
- Lead/participates in seminars and lectures, publishes articles, and performs other engagement activities that highlight the department’s commitment towards operational efficiency, energy and environmental management best practices.
- Maintain an effective communication strategy that promotes employee engagement, interaction, and recognition.
- Drive continuous program improvement and innovation to create and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Develops short- and long-term operational strategies and goals to maximize plant operations, system controls, and proactive response protocols by evaluating ongoing/proposed energy and building control initiatives. Develops five-year energy and plant strategies and manages the execution of funded energy and environmental projects.
- Oversees third party consultants, maintenance vendors and maintenance service contracts to ensure proper vendor performance, adequate sourced goods, schedules, life cycle costing, QA/QC, and service/maintenance costs are aligned with contractual requirements and client requirements.
- Uses business analytics, metrics, and historical/current data to develop strategies and recommend timing and approaches for facility related issues.
- Understand the complexities associated with using energy data analytics to evaluate building performance.
- Continually monitor program performance by completing quality evaluations that ensure that Best Practices are followed and maintained.
- Ensures that the department maintains current awareness and knowledge of new energy and environmental legislation/regulatory requirements via open lines of communication with relevant organizations and through research efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- PE License Preferred
- 5+ years of practical experience in a similar role
- Experience in leading other engineering staff towards a common goal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills