Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Accounting Assistant Vendor Control role supports Accounts Payable Vendor Control processes for Aramark’s Global Business Service Center. Perform research and analysis necessary to support job function, resolve escalated issues when appropriate and develop solutions to increase productivity, streamline processes and increase process efficiencies.
- Assist team with reviewing requests for additions/updates to the vendor master for validity and accuracy.
- Communicate with Profit Centers when additional information is required.
- Assist team with creating new vendors and maintaining existing vendors in Oracle Financials.
- Educate Profit Centers on current/new processes and policies.
- Train new and existing team members on current/new processes.
- Utilize the IRS website to validate vendor’s Tax ID number and organizational status.
- Assist with 1099 processing and mailing to vendors and reporting to government authorities.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are maintained at all times.
- Identify and recommend improvements to existing systems and processes and participate on of cross-functional project teams, as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers through verbal and written communication.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
Status and Scope:
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships with diverse groups at various organizational levels.
- Excellent customer service, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently in resolving generally understood and/or more complex issues.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in order to analyze a variety of issues to determine the appropriate course of action, initiate resolution and monitor to completion.
- High school degree or equivalent required but some college a plus.
- 2-4 years of Accounts Payable and/or Vendor Control experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials is preferred.