Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Manager, Health & Safety is a key decision maker who applies analytical skills to conduct audits in our Market Centers. The Manager, Health & Safety works closely with our General Managers and other field leaders to respond to questions for direction about injury prevention, liability control, and regulatory compliance.
- Performs audits of the Market Center locations to identify loss potential and regulatory compliance. Formulates detailed reports of findings, appropriate operating programs, opportunity areas and assessment of how the Market Center is performing against specific safety/liability plans and objectives. Will report these findings to Safety & Loss Prevention (S&LP) Management Team on a regular basis.
- Responds to day to day technical calls and provides direction to the field in regard to injury prevention, liability control, and regulatory compliance.
- Provides recommendations and education at the Market Center level on location specific safety and loss prevention elements to improve the overall impact of their safety program.
- Provides training at the regional level that supports the goals of the Corporate S&LP Management Team.
- Communicates frequently with District Managers, Production Managers, Maintenance Managers and General Managers on matters associated with safety and loss prevention.
- Responsible for troubleshooting accident and liability causes and providing viable recommendations for preventing and/or controlling potential losses.
- Uses common safety and loss prevention tools to achieve position goals such as job safety analysis, root cause analysis, etc.
- Maintains compliance with a broad group of governmental regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, DOT and State agencies).
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be open and willing to travel up to 30%.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A strategic thinker.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Sound planning and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide team leadership and organization of workflows within a team.
- Proven ability to interact with various levels of staff and management and senior leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Five to seven years corporate experience in a safety and loss prevention controlled environment.