Aramark is seeking a Contract Specialist and Counsel for the Corporate Legal Group at Aramark headquarters in Philadelphia. He/she will provide support, drafting and analysis for various corporate legal matters and functions, including but not limited to assisting with corporate governance matters, reviewing, drafting and negotiating corporate agreements, managing Aramark’s legal entity governance, coordinating periodic corporate procedures, assisting with the closings of corporate transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures and financings, and preparing SEC reports and other filings including Section 16 insider reports. This role is essential in coordinating and interacting with internal departments and external partners to gather, process and communicate all required information
- Assist the other members of the corporate group with corporate governance matters and Board operations including preparation of materials for Board meetings.
- Review, draft and negotiate various corporate agreements including non-disclosure agreements, engagement letters and other deal-related documents.
- Assist in due diligence function and similar activities to be performed in connection with the evaluation of corporate transactions.
- Manage Aramark’s legal entity governance including maintaining data base of corporate directors, officers and other entity specific information and maintaining minute books and similar records for all of Aramark’s legal entities.
- Draft legal documents to effectuate corporate procedures and coordinate the execution and filing of such documents.
- Coordinate signings and closings of corporate transactions including by forming companies, preparing closing documents, monitoring entity good standing and coordinating execution.
- Prepare, coordinate signatures of and file periodic Securities and Exchange Commission and NYSE reports and other filings including Section 16 insider reports.
- Assist other members of the legal department across various lines of business and members of other corporate departments (such as tax, accounting, finance etc.) with RFP responses and questions regarding corporate entities, directors and officers and related matters.
- J.D. required.
- At least 1-3 years of relevant legal experience at either a law firm or company.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills as well as persistence and professionalism.
- Superior analytical ability and exceptional drafting skills with strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a small team.
- A self-starter with an ability to multi-task, set priorities in the face of competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Possess ability to request and use discretion in working with confidential information regarding Aramark and its transactional counterparties.
- Excellent organizational skills and a close attention to detail.
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills. Ability to learn other types of software.