Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
The Host/Hostess position is a compilation of all restaurant duties and responsibilities. Hosts/Hostesses establish a welcoming atmosphere from the minute a guest arrives at the restaurant. Restaurant reservations are taken, table allocations are coordinated and guests are shown to their table. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail, accurate cashier skills, and a strong dedication to customer service along with a positive and friendly attitude.
All Restaurant Positions Responsibilities:
- Know your schedule, arrive at work on time, with a positive attitude, and in proper uniform (clean and pressed).
- Stay off your cell phone unless you are using it for work, have prior approval from management, or are on your 30 minute meal break.
- Know table numbers and seat numbers.
- Know both the food menu and the beverage menu for your location as well as the current specials
- Properly badge in and out and take meal breaks.
- TEAMWORK! Be flexible every day and ensure you are working with other staff members to achieve guest satisfaction and operational success.
- Assist other staff members with a positive attitude when you are not busy or when asked to help by management / supervisors.
- Ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Know Aramark and Health Code standards and ensure that they are being followed.
Host/Hostess/Maître’D Position Detailed:
- This position is the first impression that guests get from entering our restaurant. A warm welcoming smile and ability to maintain composure during stressful situations is a must for this position
- Recognizing regular guests by first name
- Completing side work and stocking duties including all types of menus, crayons, mints, toothpicks, etc.
- Assisting with rolling silverware throughout the shift
- Responsible for ensuring that the phone is answered by the third ring each time
- Keeping the host stand organized and ensuring menus are clean and specials menus are accurate
- Upholding the reservation policy
- Bussing tables and helping clean and organize the restaurant when not assisting at the host stand.
- Assisting with administrative duties when asked to by management
Status and Scope:
- The Host/Hostess reports to the Food and Beverage Manager
- Must have the ability to follow all safety and sanitation procedures
- Position requires a strong customer service focus, strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work efficiently – prepared to help wherever needed
Hours of Employment:
Game Day Schedules- Days, Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
Average Shift - 4-8 Hours
Cash Register, Printer, Telephone, Computer, POS System, Vacuum, Cleaning Solvents
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
- Minimum Age: 16 years
- Ability to hear the guests’ requests
- Must be able to work efficiently and maintain a sense of urgency
- Friendly and welcoming smile is required at all times