Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Job Summary: Assists with the daily operation of the Accounting Department. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting the Senior Controller in the preparation and analysis of Financial Statements and forecasts, daily and weekly metric reporting, and other additional assignments as needed.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the calculation of midmonth, and final flash numbers; help identify variances and research their causes
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Revenue and P&L budgets.
- Maintain monthly detailed post close Balance Sheet analysis.
- Prepare Labor % of Revenue Reporting and distribute to managers daily.
- Prepare daily and weekly Labor Metrics/Performance reporting.
- Oversee staff schedules that minimize overtime, yet maintaining coverage for operational needs in the absence of the Senior Controller
- Help build a relationship with client and provide information requested in a timely manner
- Prepare Monthly Commissions Report
- Be supportive and responsive to internal and external audits
- Implement and use Aramark computerized systems such as payroll system, Managers Toolkit, and Microsoft Office
- Review A/P coding of invoices
- Input TJV’s upon request and at month end.
- Assist in the review of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, such as forecast, midmonth, and month end
- Cross train with Payroll Accountant to become the back-up.
- Attend safety meetings and department meetings as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Associate or Bachelor degree in business or accounting required
- 5-7 years of experience working in financial field to include reporting, bookkeeping and auditing
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency especially in Microsoft Excel & Outlook
- Must be very detail oriented
- Excellent verbal & written communication, leadership and customer service skills
- Comfortable working with all levels of management in the organization
- Ability to research and solve problems efficiently; exhibit patience when confronted with frustrating circumstances; adapt to change
- Ability to work well in a team environment