Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: Responsible for the setup, and service of food from the kitchen area as directed by the Executive Chef in accordance with Aramark standards and safety and sanitation policies.
• Follow procedures and directions of management
• Checks for color coordination and eye appeal of all food items, both hot and cold, using appropriate garnishes where practical
• Follows proper serving methods, including serving correct portion sizes
• Prepares meats, soups, sauces, vegetables, fish and poultry
• Follows recipes and cooking procedures as directed by the Executive Chef
• Ensures menu board is prepared and proper terms are used for all food items
• Break-down and cleaning of various stations
• Should be capable of assuming responsibility for a short period of time without a manager present
• Inspects all areas at the end of the shift
• Follows cleaning checklist
• Assists with instructing Salad Maker’s, Cook’s Helpers, Junior and Station Cooks
• Leads cooks during service
• Prepares orders as requested from guest checks
• Assists Station Cook when work load permits
• Ensures that food is wrapped properly and transports food to service area
• Supervises kitchen when Chefs are not present
• Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
• Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time
• Follows Aramark policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and ensures compliance with these policies and procedures
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform
Status and Scope: Reports to the Executive Chef
Additional Job Functions:
Work Environment: Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
Equipment Used: Oven, Mixer, Grill, Steamer, Calculator, Cutlery, Dishwasher, Chef Knives, Other Cooking Equipment, Computer, Photocopier Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING FREQUENT HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT
• Attention to detail to ensure recipe consistency is vital
• Must be able to work independently and finish tasks in a timely manner
• Must be able to read and follow recipes
• Must be focused on safety and sanitation of all kitchen equipment and areas
• Able to carry 50 pounds consistently
• Able to follow directions
• Perform repetitive tasks
• Stand for extended periods of time
• Comprehend basic written and verbal communication process
• Work in an environment that at times can be hot and humid
• Work with a diverse team
• Must be able to lead, motivate and relate to others.
• Must be well groomed and be able to deal with students/guests courteously and efficiently
• Must complete Serve Safe Food Handler’s Certification
• Must be fluent in the English language both spoken and written; able to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, Aramark Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Must have at least 4 years of experience in similar full service restaurant or equivalent schooling
• Position requires an extensive knowledge of basic cooking techniques: grilling, sauté, griddle, fryer, baking, broiling etc.