Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Position Summary: Patient Services Workers are responsible for a variety of specialized duties related to the receipt, interpretation, and follow-through of patient diet orders. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Delivers patient trays during meal service and delivers snacks or proper nourishment to patients as directed by a physician or a dietitian
- Informs patients of the services of the Food and Nutrition Services Department and may obtain food preferences from patients and/or family members
- Ensures accuracy of food items being delivered to the patient and informs patient of meal selection and any therapeutic diet information
- Inventories and restocks goods and supplies to proper levels
- Ensures prompt response to request for service and follows up if delays or other problems are identified
- Maintains the privacy, safety, and dignity of each customer by observing client confidentiality and by strictly adhering to safety and sanitation standards
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains a positive attitude towards clients, customers, co-workers, hospital staff, etc.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Experience in food service, as a dietary clerk ,or in a related field preferred
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of up to 25 lbs, with occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of up to 50 lbs.