Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
This position is a key support role for our Wedding Sales Manager in the Group Sales Department. Responsibilities include; gathering information from wedding clients and/or banquet clients conducting business at Lake Tahoe Cruises & Zephyr Cove Resort. This position is the key contact to our wedding clients in all aspects of planning, creating banquet event orders, timelines, vendor services, group room blocks, billing and invoicing, and group surveys. Responsible for retrieving information from the client, preparing Banquet Event Orders and efficiently communicating the planned events to the Operations team to ensure excellent guest service to our wedding clients. Further the Group Sales & Special Events Coordinator ensures executional excellence on all aspects of the special event planning, communication, guest service, and execution. Additionally, the Coordinator can be hired for full wedding coordination duties to our clients. Essential Functions: Qualifications:
- Partners with the Sales Manager(s) to transition definite bookings between the Sales Department and Operations Teams (Lodging, Facilities, Culinary, Special Events etc.)
- Gathers all pertinent information from wedding and/or banquet clientele.
- Manages the space requirements, while being cognizant of the properties space availability.
- Manages the booking according to the mutually agreed upon sales contract, to include, attrition clauses, minimum revenues, charter agreements, sliding scales, vendor charges, audio visual charges, cancellation, and food & beverage clauses.
- Monitors deadlines and follows-up with each client to ensure hotel room list cut-off dates (if applicable), as well as guarantees on meal and guest counts.
- Distributes BEO’s to client/customer for review and signed approval. Each booking is to have a signed BEO in each file.
- Distributes all information gathered on meetings, banquets and special events to operations staff (Lodging, Facilities, Culinary, Special Events) at least seven (7) days in advance of the group’s arrival.
- Works with the on-site support staff for each of the meetings, banquets or special events resolving any concerns that arise during their event.
- Meets with the applicable departments on a weekly basis reviewing all logistics and needs for the following week.
- Distributes rooming list(s) and transportation to the applicable department leads at least seven (7) days in advance of group’s arrival
- Arrives no less than 45 minutes prior to the start of an assigned event to greet the on-site contact, and inspects all meeting/banquet space before the start of the event ensuring that the location(s) has been set-up properly, in accordance with the BEO’s, and takes measures to adjust/correct before group’s arrival.
- Checks-in with meeting/banquet contact periodically throughout the event to gauge needs and satisfaction.
- Provides Accounting with a final bill that is accurate and submitted timely by 9:00 a.m. the day following the completion of an event.
- Ensures that all vendor invoices are properly aligned with a purchase order and turned into the accounting department on a weekly basis.
- Archives old booking files within one week following an event.
- Acts in an administrative assistant capacity to General Manager, Human Resources Manager or DOSM and works on special projects as assigned.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years sales and service experience in a Hotel, Wedding Sales and/or Banquet Site.
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High aptitude for learning new computer programs quickly
- Proven attention to details and ability to multi-task is essential.
Travel Requirements: 10-20%
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING OCCASIONAL