Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Marina Services in addition to providing monthly/annual slips and buoys offers a Managed Boat package as well as a la carte services for piloting, cleaning, pump outs, and cart service. The Marina Services Worker - Cleaner will primarily perform boat cleaning and attend to the overall cleanliness of the Marina. The Marina Services Worker is flexible, willing to assist wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme head conditions and committed to achieving the highest cleanliness standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Marina Services Workers must be able to work physically hard and able to deal with constant lifting and bending.
• Must have an eye for detail and presentation to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness.
• Must be able to efficiently clean house and power boats to a high standard. This includes but is not limited to: all surfaces wiped/dusted, glass windows and doors cleaned, remove cobwebs, clean all light fixtures, trash removed, carpets vacuumed, floors mopped, coolers and barbecue grills cleaned, wash linens if applicable, change linens, make bed and bathroom sinks, tub/shower and toilets cleaned.
• May be required to deep clean boats using a ladder to clean walls and ceilings.
• Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere of the Marina by removing trash and debris from dock and cleaning all public areas.
• Ensuring all marina restrooms are cleaned and stocked with proper supplies, meet the marina cleanliness standards and complete restroom cleaning schedule check lists.
• Always be polite and maintain a professional manner with guests and fellow employees.
• Maintain a positive attitude in high stress situations and always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed.
• Marina Services Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment and ensure proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques.
• Understand all machinery and chemicals used.
• Be aware of SDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary.
• Identify any maintenance and safety issues.
• Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision.
• Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner.
• Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays, as well as long shifts including early morning and late nights.
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security and emergencies.
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform.
• Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope:
• Marina Service Worker - Cleaner reports to the Cleaning Supervisor.
• Must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat and being on their feet all day.
• Provide excellent customer service and superior cleanliness.
• Individual cannot be prone to motion sickness as they may spend hours at a time cleaning boats on the water.
• Previous cleaning experience preferred.
• Strong English communication skills are required.
• Must be over 18 years of age.
• Pre-employment background check is required for this position.
Washer & Dryer, VHF Radio, Hand Truck, Ladder, Cleaning Chemicals, Cleaning Supplies
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
VERY HEAVY - Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more.