Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Founded in 2008, LifeWorks Restaurant Group creates customized restaurants in office buildings that are unique to each client organization we serve. Our goal is to "Inspire Life at Work" and our chefs are dedicated to the creation of menus that use local ingredients to prepare sustainable, authentic dishes from scratch each day. From the beginning of each client relationship, the team at LifeWorks Restaurant Group establishes a transparency with its partners, from space design and delivery to the marketing of the final, branded product. For more information, please visit: http://lifeworksrestaurants.com
The Food Service Director of the Child Development Centers will be directly responsible for planning, administering, and directing all unit activities related to safe food service to child classrooms, financial accountability, proper production and adherence to the specific allergy and specialty diets of children in the centers, labor and compliance standards established by Aramark and regulatory agencies. In conjunction with direct reports, develop strategic operational plans aligned with the client’s mission, vision, and objectives to include strict standard operating procedures for the ensured safety of the children in your operation. From a fiscal perspective, not exceeding the annual fiscal Purchase Order from a total subsidy dollars amount. Reports to the General Manager of Employee Dining Services.
Technical Knowledge and Key Attributes:
As a Food Service Director you will oversee daily foodservice operations in a Corporate Dining unit at a client place of business.
• Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service, and customer satisfaction.
• Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
• Interacts with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels of client organization. Identifies ARAMARK service expansion opportunities.
• Provides overall direction and manages performance for all Food Service Managers, Supervisors and front line employees, ensuring employee development, engagement and compliance with human resource related policies and standards.
• Directs, staffs, and trains food service staff regarding food production, merchandising, quality, cost control, and cash handling;
• Responsible for labor forecasting, scheduling and management
• Develops operational component forecasts and is able to explain variances. Responsible for component’s accounting functions.
• Ensures compliance with all contract obligations.
• Establish and maintain systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products, as well as menu planning and development.
• You will conduct period inventory and perform other functions such as maintaining records to comply with ARAMARK, government and accrediting agency standards.
Critical Development Experiences while in Role:
• Participate in client meetings and facilitate a positive integration of the Food Services team with the Child Care Nike employees to create a “united team” working towards the same objectives.
• Develop budgets and manage monthly estimates; demonstrating extensive understanding of financials and Insight administration.
• Participate in writing a proposal for additional services.
• Lead a committee for the district or region
• Sets and prioritizes department goals, developing and implementing an action plan to address identified issues.
• Conduct a line of service program review for another location.
• Proven business writing skills (i.e. component newsletter, monthly joint review).
• Create developmental plans and succession plan for component, for both Supervisors and Front Line.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the account and cross district networks to provide a unified food service experience for customer, visitors and clients.
Critical Milestones Demonstration for next Role:
• Demonstrate ability to effectively plan and budget for department projects.
• Achieve minimum 1 calendar year with no cautionary or critical misses in your operation.
• Achieve client budget while increasing revenue year over year.
• Liaison with Nike client to build proven and demonstrated trust and confidence in the Aramark/LifeWorks team on the ground.
• Expands own business and industry perspective recognizing alternatives and patterns in the marketplace.
• Integrate industry standards beyond Nike CDC to improve the operation and take it to a new level of excellence – be the “shining beacon” of Childcare Foodservices in the Aramark portfolio.