ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.aramark.com, and follow us at www.facebook.com/aramark and @aramark on Twitter.Description:
As an Accounting Manager for the Accounting Services COE you will be responsible for coordinating the general accounting function. You will perform a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical/accounting functions with significant responsibility for the month end close process, Balance Sheet review and managing a group of accountants.
Some specific responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of monthly operating results to Director of Accounting and CFO along with variance explanations. Supervise the preparation of monthly operating statements to ensure GAAP compliance, accordance with contractual obligations and commitments, and ARAMARK policy and procedures.
- Hire, coach, train professional accounting staff to build ARAMARK and accounting knowledge ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and compliance with GAAP and ARAMARK policies and procedures.
- Develop and present workshops on targeted areas of need.
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger. Review balance sheets on quarterly basis with accountants and supervisor to ensure compliance with GAAP and company policies.
- Provide direct and indirect support to both field and GBS personnel. Coordinate with field operations and headquarter staff with regard to problem solving activities and complex issues. Pursue opportunities to improve quality and timeliness of information.
- Ensure strict adherence to all SOX related controls assigned to the group.
- Help Training department to develop and present financial tutorials as needed.
- Evaluate Opening and Closing packages for compliance with ARAMARK policy and procedures and client contractual obligations. This includes set-up, changes, and deletions in the Financial Organizational Systems.
- Ensure Accountants update BIC, Calculation Billing and standard Oracle reports accurately and on a timely basis.
- Assist with corporate reporting such as SRP, SEC, QBR, KPMG and internal auditing reports and questions.
- Coordinates and assists with outside audits necessary to conform to contractual stipulations.
- Participates in special projects as required by management.
- The position requires a bachelor's degree in accounting and five to seven years of relevant accounting and/or finance experience including 2-3 years with supervisory responsibility.
- The ability to manage in a diverse and fast-paced environment with a keen focus on client and customer services is required.
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills are essential to success in this position.
- Extensive experience interacting with external auditors is required.
- Previously demonstrated experience training entry level accounting personnel.
- Experience with and knowledge of Oracle and all Microsoft Office applications.