Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.Description:
Reporting directly to the Manager – Payroll Operations, provides first level support for a team of Payroll Representatives providing specialized payroll services. Reviews and corrects more complex errors (e.g., tax, stock related). The Payroll Tax/Stock Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the preparation, control and processing of all aspects of payroll and payroll tax for their respective payroll team.
- Must be knowledgeable in the following areas of Payroll; processing, corrections, weighted average overtime (WAOT), taxes (multi-state and reciprocity), employee payroll maintenance, non-health and welfare deductions, gross-to-net calculations, taxable fringe benefit, year-end W-2’s and W-2c’s and other related payroll tasks.
- Must have prior working experience with Fidelity stock options.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication with all levels of leadership, profit centers including internal and external customers.
- Review and process accurate and timely quarterly and year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Work with respective departments during labor conversions or acquisitions.
- Resolve assigned customer call tickets as assigned.
- Cross-train in different job functions within the department to improve overall performance and knowledge.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently to resolve issues proactively.
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment, strong organizational & communication skills are all required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external parties, including other locations, customers, banks, vendors, and provide excellent customer service.
- Flexibility to extend hours as required to meet the business demands.
- 5+ years of payroll experience in processing payroll, data entry, taxes (multi-state), garnishments, and year-end processing. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Education – 4 years college degree or 10 years’ experience and some college course work
- Prior experience working with Ultimate payroll system.
- Prior experience working with ADP tax a must.
- Strong technical skills in the Microsoft suite and other applications as required.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills, accuracy, attention to detail and an ability to work independently is required.
- Must be focused on delivering quality customer outcomes.
- Experience in a shared services center environment preferred.
- Prior experience in a high-volume/fast-paced environment required