Aramark is seeking a Contract Specialist and Counsel at Aramark headquarters in Philadelphia. He/she will draft, negotiate and manage complex legal documents such as contracts, correspondence, reports and other forms relating to non-litigation matters, and independently review and ensure customer contracts comply with company policies to best serve the business needs. This role is essential in coordinating and interacting with internal departments and external partners to gather all required contract information.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts, including services, outsourcing, supplier, and subcontractor agreements.
- Review and assist the business in preparing timely responses for proposals, bids and contractual modifications.
- Draft memoranda, responses to RFPs and other correspondence relating to contracting and RFP processes.
- Analyze contractual requirements, special provisions, and legal terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures.
- Identify and provide advice about commercial contractual risks and issues.
- Work directly with internal sales, financial, and operations personnel.
- Negotiate directly with external parties.
- Prepare and disseminate updates and analyses regarding contracting status, compliance and modifications.
- Maintain and update contract-tracking systems.
- Other duties as may be requested by the Aramark Legal Department.
- J.D. required.
- At least 1–3 years of relevant legal experience.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organization skills, with persistence and professionalism.
- Ability to work and think independently, possessing sound problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Responsive and client-service focused.
- Willingly accepts additional responsibility, challenging tasks, and/or projects
- Exceptional drafting skills with strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Fully proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with Salesforce.com a plus.